Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Local veggies...yum!

It's official. I am now a coordinator for The Produce Box. I am excited to be supporting local farmers and getting fresh veggies! Here is a little bit about it:

The Produce Box is dedicated to improving the local food system in the Triangle by providing a direct link between local farms and consumers. We do this by offering a variety of seasonal products, delivered weekly by Neighborhood Coordinators, who live in the neighborhood they serve.

If you live close to me and would like service, let me know!

3 comments:

annie said...

AWESOME!! We love our CSA. It's fabulous and has had such a positive influence on the diets of many in the arctic!!

Krista Lou Cook said...

We have a similar thing out here, and although I do not pick or coordinate, or even pay for that matter, I do enjoy eating the fresh veggies!

Lisa said...

Why did I have to move to Durham! I've been looking for something like that! Of course we moved to be closer to Brandon's work...but still! I'm going to miss out on some good things! P.S. found your blog from Christine's blog!