Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wild in Williamsburg

This weekend we had the great opportunity to spend a weekend with Farmor and Farfar! Dad had gotten a free weekend at a hotel in Williamsburg, VA in return for sitting through one of those marketing plans put on by the time-share people. We were able to go down and hang out with them for a couple of days! There was a little bit of rain but fortunatly the clouds cleared up as soon as we got out of the marketing meeting. Coincidence? I think not! Anyhow, since Katie and I and the kids sat through it as well, they gave us some tickets to use at Busch Gardens. This is one of the best-looking amusement parks in the country so we were pretty excited. Dad satisfied his history interest by taking a nice tour through historic williamsburg and Mom, Katie, myself and the kids cruised the rides at the park. The kids absolutly loved it. They wanted to do the rides over and over again. Sadie showed her bravery by going on a splash mountain type of ride - but that was enough. Mason, on the other hand, couldn't get enough of the high flying rides. He wanted to go on one that was called the Big Bad wolf! He was by far the shortest one in line and just barely made the hight requirement. I tried to talk him out of it, suggesting bumper cars or swings instead but he wouldn't hear of it. It was the Big Bad Wolf or nothing. Mom took Sadie to enjoy some other rides and Katie and I went with Mason. I kept thinking to myself how much the therapy is going to cost me when he gets traumitized by the ride but to our surprise he loved it! He even wanted to go again! I can see he is going to be our adreneline junkie.

I even talked Mom into going on one of the larger rides. She was a little nervous about it and it didn't help when one of the cars before us had to be stopped midride and backed up to the loading area. Nevertheless, she perservered and got on the ride. This one was called Alpengeist and your legs dangle over thin air. We found out after getting in line that the ride goes upside down several times! Talk about exciting. I think she actually even enjoyed it!

After Saturday, mom and dad had to get back to Ohio so Katie and I went down to Virginia Beach. We have some friends that moved there and they have kids Sadie and Mason's age. We enjoyed the day with them. Keith and I relaxed too football on the tv while the ladies and the kids went to Mount Trashmore. No kidding, that's its name. I think it used to be a landfill then it was converted into a nice park. They have an extensize play structure there as well as some hills to run on.

That evening it was back at home to recover and get ready for trick or treating!

No comments: